The importance of washing your hands
The importance of washing your hands, you have heard it several times since childhood, the importance of washing your hands often, especially before and after certain activities such as eating, playing with pets, going to the bathroom … But why? Without a doubt, and even if it is hard to believe, washing your hands is one of the best ways to maintain good health. Do you want to learn more about it?
Benefits of washing hands for health
Several scientific studies have shown that washing hands is a good way to get away from diseases. This is because, by washing our hands, we are preventing the spread of viruses and bacteria, since hands are one of the main routes for the transmission of infections.
The truth is that while most people know that they should wash their hands when using the bathroom, most end up with faecal bacteria on these occasions. What do you have to take into account then? One of the most important things is the moment when we wash our hands: after going to the bathroom, coughing or sneezing, before handling food, after changing a diaper, touching a pet, taking out the garbage, among others.
How to wash your hands
- Wet your hands with warm water.
- Use antibacterial liquid soap, because they are better when fighting against viruses and bacteria that cause diseases.
- Soap both sides of the hands well, between the fingers and up to the height of the wrists.
- Wash your hands for around 15-20 seconds. Scrub vigorously, without wetting your hands with water.
- Put your hands under the tap-remember that it should be with warm water-and rinse well. Try that your hands do not touch the sink.
- Use the towel or a sheet of paper to turn off the tap -especially in a public bathroom-.
- Dry your hands with a clean towel. Although they are worse for the environment, paper is also an excellent option, much more hygienic.